Sunday, July 15, 2012

~~Back-to-School~~

I am beginning to get a little nervous about starting a new school year.  Just like the students, I am worried if I will be OK on the first day.  I hope my students like me and enjoy my class.  I love teaching and try to show it through my daily interaction with the students.  I always think about the book, First Day Jitters and how the teacher felt about starting a new school and having new students.  I am not new to my school but my students are new to me!  I saw a few books floating around Pinterest about teachers introducing themselves to the class.  I decided to try my luck at making my own.  I plan on using this book to help ease my nerves on the first day and help my students learn about who their teacher is. 

I cannot and will not claim this idea as my own!  I stole borrowed the idea from several awesome teachers!  Please check them out below. Not only do I love their idea, but their blogs are super awesome too!!

My background graphics came from Surfin' Through Second.  You can download the peace sign background graphics here from her store for FREE: Surfin' Through Second: Teachers Pay Teachers Store .

My inspiration for the book came from 2 different sources.  Please check out Once Upon a First Grade Adventure .  She offers a premade template in her TpT store.  Check it out here: TpT Store . I absolutely LOVED this book the first time I saw it!! 

Also check out, Yeehaw Teaching in Texas .  She has a version you can use with younger students.  It has more pictures. AWESOME book!!


I wanted to make my own so I could use the Peace Theme backgrounds.  My theme this year will be Building God's Kingdom with Peace, Love, & Happiness.  I kept thinking of how I could use them in my classroom.  Now you can check out how I did!!!









Don't forget to link up with 4th Grade Frolics, Monday Made-it !





12 comments:

  1. How nice it turned out Darleen! I love it. Kids love seeing pictures of your personal life, and I'm sure this book will be dogeared before the end of the year. Mahalo for the shout out! Good luck on your first day:)

    Aloha,
    Corinna
    Surfin' Through Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good idea. My kids would love looking at this.

    ✣ Miss Nelson✣
    Miss Nelson’s Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE to make one of these before summer is over! I scanned a TON of pictures from my home this summer, and cannot wait to start putting this together. Love how yours turned out! :)

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your future students will love this!
    Drop by anytime :)

    Tracy

    Creekside Teacher Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great idea!! I want to make one now!!

    Jackie

    Third Grade's A Charm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Darlene! Thanks for visiting my blog! We are fairly similar. You have taught 18 years at a Catholic school, and I am on my 19th at a Christian/Protestant school. :) Love your theme!
    Pam
    Visit P.J. Jots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! I'm your newest follower :)
    Colleen
    Totally Terrific in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  8. So creative...love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing! I just found your blog and became a follower! If you have time please stop by my blog and follow! Hope you find something you like!
    Brigid
    Brigid's Daily Lesson Log

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stinkin cute idea for a getting to know your teacher!!!!! I love this!!! Thanks for sharing..if I can get my act together I may be making one of these:) Thanks for linking up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fabulous idea! I have my students for several years at a time, so they are not new to me, but they would still love a book like this! They always are asking about my "real life" :)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cute idea!! I was just thinking about how I was going to introduce myself. I too am getting nervous and the nightmares are starting! lol. I'm your newest follower and a third grade teacher as well!
    Courtney
    Teaching in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Darleen! Check out my most recent post. I was thinking we could do a "beginning of the year" kick-off linky-party?? What do you think? Hope your summer has been awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...