Sunday, January 20, 2013

~~No Homework~~

My students love to hear the words "NO HOMEWORK"!  Recently, I had some issues with students not completing homework on a regular basis.  I would say about 80% of my students complete every assignment.  The other 20% do not complete homework or turn in homework half done.  I have tried several things to encourage my students to complete every assignment~I only give reading, English, math, & spelling homework.  Most of the time, students may have only one thing to complete.  Homework is graded in 3rd grade so if they do not complete homework, a 0 is given for the assignment.  I must say that several students received "Not-so-great" grades on their report card because of not completing homework.  I decided that I am going to try something new.  After completing 2 weeks of homework, students will be treated to a "Homework Breakfast".  I will have the breakfast in the morning before school starts.  We start school at 7:35am so the breakfast will be from 7:05-7:30.  When I mentioned this to my class, they were so excited and couldn't wait to begin the 2 weeks!  We officially start Tuesday (day after MLK day) with our 2 weeks.  I made some coupons as well to give as an "Extra" treat at the breakfast.  They do not know about this yet.  It will be my little surprise to them for doing such a great job with homework.  I also have our vice-principal involved.  She came and spoke to the students last week.  Hopefully, this will eliminate 0's in homework.  I will let you know how my plan works!!

I am linking up with Classroom Freebies: Manic Monday to share my homework coupons!  Please check out other freebies while you're there!!!!

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday
 
 
Click (HERE) & (HERE) for 2 different versions of the NO HOMEWORK coupon.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. These are cute! My students love a night off of homework.
    Just stopping by from Manic Monday.
    Thank you for the freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your homework breakfast idea! I am a new follower and fellow Louisianan (sp?)!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...